No need for college students on a tight budget to miss out on great dips, snacks and other fine delicacies for your Super Bowl party. All you have to do is a little planning and preparation and you will be the most popular friend to watch the biggest game of the year.
Let’s start with wings – No decent Super Bowl party is ever complete without wings. You can get as fancy or simple as you want. We like simple. If you want to make them fresh from scratch -
- Cut off wing “flappers” and cook on an outdoor grill until done
- Take them off the grill and place in a bowl.
- Pour over pre-made wing sauce and toss.
- You can make your own sauce with Frank’s RedHot sauce and melted butter
The easiest and maybe the cheapest wings to make are to buy them already prepared in the frozen food section and just bake for about 20 minutes. While you’re in the frozen foods, look for sausage or meat balls and cook alongside your wings.
Next, you need some easy dips. Start with Chili Cheese Touch Down Dip
- Put a block of cream cheese on a microwaveable plate
- cover with a can of Hormel bean-less chili
- microwave on high until hot
- sprinkle with shredded pepper cheese
- serve with chips
Seven Layer Dip
- Layer of refried beans or bean dip
- Layer of guacamole
- Layer of sour cream mixed with taco seasoning
- Layer of Tomatoes
- Layer of green onion
- Layer of black olives
- Layer of shredded cheese.
Black Bean Salsa Dip
- Put a can of black beans, drained, in a bowl
- Mix in a small jar of salsa
- Add a little chopped purple onion
- Dash of chili powder and Tabasco
- Serve with Doritos
For desert you can serve cookies or brownies.
There you go, a complete Super Bowl party for less than you would spend on one meal out.